Embolization for Venous Leakage

New postby DiNero » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:33 am

It is extremely useful. I wanted to ask you about this but didn't want to press you for info while you had a hard time mentally with your condition. Thank you. :)

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Must've been quite an emotional rollercoaster. It is good that those emboli didn't hurt you... I read it can even cause death sometimes.

I have a few questions on my mind. I hope you don't mind. :?

Were your leaks known/determined beforehand or was it just monitored during the procedure?
I gather yours is a diffuse cavernosal leakage in question?
Was the deep dorsal vein closed or other veins?
Who did your embolization (in terms of expertise)? Was he some big shot or a normal radiologist?
Does the erection itself feel any different (except better)? Does it feel in any way artificial or like carrying a foreign object?
Would you recommend others to try this procedure before opting for surgery?

Basically, ANYTHING you can think of or you consider relevant will surely be valuable to others (including me) so... proceed please. ;)
DiNero

Type of ED: soft glans
Duration_of_ED: 6m
Current IIEF-5: n/a

New postby shpongled » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:56 am

DiNero wrote:It is extremely useful. I wanted to ask you about this but didn't want to press you for info while you had a hard time mentally with your condition. Thank you. :)

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Must've been quite an emotional rollercoaster. It is good that those emboli didn't hurt you... I read it can even cause death sometimes.

not a problem :)
yep i've read about bad things happening too, which had me worried at first - if things become dislodged and travel through your veins to your heart... could be bad! i'm still alive so far though hehe...

DiNero wrote:I have a few questions on my mind. I hope you don't mind. :?

Were your leaks known/determined beforehand or was it just monitored during the procedure?

I don't mind at all :)
Interestingly, the doppler ultrasound came back normal, but my doctor still thought i had venous leakage based on symptoms - i had done an overnight test which showed poor erection quality and short duration. he said the doppler ultrasound is not always a reliable indicator of venous leakage in his experience, so he sent me to the interventional radiologist for a cavernosogram and possible embolisation. the cavernosogram then showed very clearly that i had several leaks.

DiNero wrote:I gather yours is a diffuse cavernosal leakage in question?

I'm not quite sure just how diffuse it is, as I was paying more attention to managing the pain and discomfort (it was actually quite painful, more than I would've expected, even with local anesthetic). I do remember him saying the leaks were pretty easily noticeable though.

DiNero wrote:Was the deep dorsal vein closed or other veins?

Not sure sorry, as above - wasn't really focusing on that during the procedure. When I had pain the first time around and subsequent loss of function, the pain was actually in the groin area off to the left slightly. The second time i had pain and loss of function, after the second procedure, the pain was off to the right hand side. So it would appear there were several places that were embolised. I remember that in total he said they used 9 or 10 coils and a few shots of gel/foam.

DiNero wrote:Who did your embolization (in terms of expertise)? Was he some big shot or a normal radiologist?

he is a radiologist who apparently has a strong interest in this area and is one of the few (or maybe the only one? can't remember what my doctor said) in Australia carrying out this particular procedure.

DiNero wrote:Does the erection itself feel any different (except better)? Does it feel in any way artificial or like carrying a foreign object?

the coils etc weren't actually placed in the penis - they were placed at the base, in the groin area. i suspect it was done this way for that very reason - so there would be no feeling of foreign objects etc. my erection now is actually worse than it ever has been - the improvement i had from the embolisations only lasted a few weeks each time, before something ruptured/burst, followed by a week or 2 of almost no functioning as it was healing again, then returned to the same condition as pre-embolisation.

over the last few weeks my functioning has declined dramatically, hence i am now considering venous ligation/stripping surgery with Dr Hsu. my embolisations were over a year ago now, so i doubt my recent decline really has much to do with them.

DiNero wrote:Would you recommend others to try this procedure before opting for surgery?

i would definitely recommend it IF it is the non-surgical method that I had - where they go in through the vein. definitely worth a try, but I would say only if your leak is not too severe. in my case i am guessing that the pressure of blood was just far too great to block that way, given that i had so many leaks, so each time it burst through after a few weeks and i was right back where i started. unless it is covered under health insurance etc, probably not worth trying it for more severe leaks, as in my experience anyway, it ultimately wasn't successful. if you only have a minor leak, or if you don't have to pay for it, then go for it :)
shpongled

Type of ED: venous leak
Duration_of_ED: Life
Current IIEF-5: 10

New postby DiNero » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:26 pm

That was very helpful. A HUGE thank you. :)
DiNero

Type of ED: soft glans
Duration_of_ED: 6m
Current IIEF-5: n/a

New postby hendraman » Thu May 19, 2011 2:57 am

Hi,i'm interested in Embolization for venous leak,can anyone tell me where to and how to get the spesialized for cure venous leak?
hendraman

Duration_of_ED: 1 year
Current IIEF-5: 5

New postby hendraman » Thu May 19, 2011 3:26 am

Dear Netters,i have some question due to symptom,
I get DE since 1 year before,I can get erect but can not rigid 100 % maybe 80 % but also can not maintained,I get a colour doppler and docter said i get venous leak,i do a surgery for venous leak but result also same that i still get venous leak.
But for sometimes it can be a normal means i can get erect (85%) and can get until coitus and expesially in the morning i can maintain erect,but this is just in a month just 1 week normal,3 weeks hard to get erect.
And my testosterone always low even i get nebido,just can work for 3-4 days,then testosterone drop again.I already take 4 time injection for nebido and result always low after 3-4 days.

Is this the symptom for venous leak,or others?

Please help
hendraman

Duration_of_ED: 1 year

New postby sambukhari » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:17 am

The main problem was the two inflation glans. My impression is that both had mild erectile dysfunction. To be a little more concrete, the first man said he never had morning wood, and even that only erection is achieved by pressing the SDV (DDV think I'm lying, though). The second man said he manipulated his penis getting erect strangely, and his girlfriend noticed that your erections are weak (this may have had a backgroung mental, though) This is all I could muster.
sambukhari

Type of ED: N/A
Duration_of_ED: N/A

New postby johnross99 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Hi,

I've had my second surgery done in Australia and wondered whether you have any side effects/long term effects from the embolization.

I had to have more aggressive surgery the second time and more coils and plasma? were added to stop the leaky veins as I had some very large leaks there.

I'm one week out of surgery and did attempt having sex which took some time buy had a 50% erection (enough to penetrate but not satisfied yet). I did have to put myself in a strange position to have enough leverage to penetrate.

I am noticing occasional aches and stings in the area so I'm wondering if you have these types of side effects.

I also wonder what happens if too many veins are blocked. Could it make ED worse?
johnross99

Duration_of_ED: 18 years

Previous

Return to Venous Embolization